Your Hometown Physical Therapists
We’re Not Just Your Therapist
We’re Your Neighbor
Battle Ground Physical Therapy is owned by Shannon Schram, DPT and Deborah Lehner, PT. Shannon and Deborah also own Balanced Physical Therapy (Salmon Creek, WA). Battle Ground Physical Therapy was established in the 1980’s. Pete Bartel purchased the business in 1987. Pete sold the business to Shannon and Debbie in 2013. Pete Bartel now owns Ridgefield Physical Therapy in his hometown of Ridgefield, WA.
As a therapist owned practice we are able to be more flexible in our schedules and our approach to helping you return to your active life. Our goal is to provide personalized treatment programs to all our patients.
The following is a partial list of some of the conditions we commonly treat:
- Head/ neck problems: postural strains, whiplash, disc (bulge or herniation), post-surgery cervical disc problems, DJD or arthritis, TMJ.
- Headaches (tension and cervicogenic headaches)
- Back problems: strains, disc (bulge or herniation), DJD or arthritis, post-surgery conditions, SI joint, stenosis, spondylolisthesis, compression fractures.
- Shoulder: strain, impingement, tendonitis/ bursitis, rotator cuff tears with or without surgery, post dislocation, fractures, total shoulder replacement, AC joint problems, adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder), arthritis, post mastectomy.
- Elbow: lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow), medial epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow), strains, fractures.
- Wrist/ hand: strains, fractures, dislocations, carpal tunnel, deQuervain’s tenosynovitis, arthritis.
- Hip: bursitis, strains, thigh contusions/ bruising, hematomas, hamstring strain, SI strain, fractures, arthritis, hip replacements, iliotibial band syndrome.
- Knee problems: strain, patello-femoral pain (chondromalacia patellae), meniscal (cartilage) injuries, ACL and other ligament injuries, Osgood Schlatter’s, fractures, arthritis, total knee replacement.
- Ankle/ Foot: sprains, fractures, Achilles’ tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, heel pain.
- Below knee amputations – lower extremity training with prosthesis.
- Neurological problems: Stroke (CVA), Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), nerve injuries, traumatic brain injuries, balance disorders, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease), partial paralysis.
- Generalized or systemic disorders: fibromyalgia, scleroderma, lupus, problems related to metabolic syndrome (pre-diabetes), generalized weakness.
- In general, we see a variety of sports injuries and work injuries as well, including repetitive strain syndromes
- Therapeutic exercises
- Joint mobilization
- Gait training
- Balance training
- Back care/ education
- Neck care/ education
- Electrical stimulation/ TENS
- Traction – back or neck
- Paraffin bath (for hands)
- Massage/ myofascial techniques
- Cryotherapy (cold)
- Thermotherapy (heat)
- Education regarding injury/ illness
- Home program